Share your promos and discounts easily with a scan!
How does a coupon QR code work?
Keeping things simple
Showing your true colors
Improve your campaigns
This is the best thing ever! How do I make one?
The first thing you need to do is find a QR code generator. We might be a little biased, but we feel that QRcodeKit.com is basically the best QR code generator available.
Since you’re here, you can register for a free trial with us. Alternatively, if you have an account already, you can login and follow these simple steps:
- 1. Click “Create QR code.”
- 2. Select “Coupon” as the type.
- 3. Upload a header image.
- 4. Enter your company’s information.
- 5. Enter the coupon’s information
- 6. Click “Save and Apply Changes”
That is all.
What info can I include?
- Company name
- Coupon headline
- Coupon description
- Sale type
- 2 for 1
- Coupon name (or upload a bar code)
- Expiry date
- Terms and conditions for the coupon
- Button label
- Shop now
- Redeem now
- Website URL
- Business location
What more can I do with this code?
With your coupon QR code, you can also:
- Add a logo to the code.
- Change the colors to match your brand. (Or, just give it any colors you like.)
- Add a gradient to blend one color into another.
- Alter the shape to match your brand.
- Put your brand name directly into the shortened URL.
- Download and print your code in different file formats.
- Give your code a password if that is necessary.
- Connect your code to your Google Analytics account for even more data.
- Create landing page templates for your future codes.
- Create QR code templates for future codes to give them all a uniform look.
We encourage you to explore QRcodeKit.com and find out all the fantastic stuff you can do with your codes.
Let us know if you need any assistance. We’re here to help.
Why use a dynamic coupon QR code?
Here is an understatement: people love to save money! Give customers a discount and they’ll love you forever! (Probably.) You can boost scans for your codes by making them look dazzling. Add some colors, give it a little gradient and play around with the shape until you have it perfect.
Know when, where and how many times customers have accessed your coupon by diving into the data your dynamic QR code provides. Use this valuable information to make adjustments to your QR code marketing campaigns to make them even more effective.
Keep it fresh
Change your coupon to keep things fun and exciting for your audience. The beauty about dynamic codes is you can edit them and you don’t have to worry about printing out new material. Change the coupon completely while still using the same code. It’s totally up to you how many times you change it.
Sow the seeds of savings
Download your code in a variety of formats so you can print it as small as a postage stamp or so large that it can be scanned from space! (We’re not actually sure this is possible, so please let us know if you try it.) Choose the best format for your purposes. Ask us for help if you need some. We love to help.
We have some great tips to share
Make it abundantly clear that if they scan the QR code, they will save money with your business.
- Restaurants can use them for lunch or dinner discounts.
- Hotels can use them to bump up off-season bookings.
- Retail outlets can use them to draw people into their stores.
- Online retailers can use them to attract internet shoppers.
- Service providers can give people a discount to draw them in.
- Window displays
- Company vehicles
- Direct mail
The key is to make the QR code stand out and make sure people know that scanning = saving.
Will people scan it?
Virtually all phones have automatic QR code scanning capability.
If you want to turn visitors into purchasers, giving them a discount is a fantastic way to do that. And a coupon QR code adds the element of interactivity.
When visitors can save money, they are more likely to want to buy from you. So, give them a reason to shop with you by giving them a scannable discount. Scan! Save! Superb!